HOW TO INSTALL MAGENTO ON LOCAL USING XAMPP?
Created by Bhavesh Gohil & Vicky Parekh on Date: 06/11/2020
STEPS TO INSTALL MAGENTO :
STEP 1 : Go to https://magento.com/tech-resources/download
STEP 2 : Unzip the downloaded magento file using Winrar or any other software.
- Unzip the downloaded file of magento using Winrar or other software.
STEP 3 : Move the unzip folder.
- Move or copy the extracted magento files in the following path of xampp/htdocs/(your magento folder name?)
- Above is the image of the extracted folder file of magento that we move in the given path.
STEP 4 : Make database for magento website.
- Open your browser & go to phpmyadmin
- Open the path https://localhost/phpmyadmin/ in the browser
- Make a new database by clicking on New button as shown in the image
- After clicking New button you are redirect to the Create Database page where you have to write your new database name for Magento website setup.
- Here we use the database name as magento-demo
- After mentioning the database name click on Create button so your database is created in phpmyadmin
STEP 5 : Setup or Install Magento
- In the browser type https://localhost/magento-online-store/
- Note:You have to mention your folder name that you had saved in htdocs folder.
- Click on Agree & Setup Magento button
- After that you are redirected to Readiness check page
- Click on Start Readiness Check button
- By click on Readiness Check button following screen appear
- Now click Next button, it will redirected to next step of database setup. In which you have to mention your database name that you created in phpmyadmin eg :magento-demo
- Now click on Next button, it will redirected to Web Configuration page as shown below.
- Now change the localhost with 127.0.0.1
- In Magento Admin Address you can mention your admin panel name as shown in the image below.
- After that click on Next button, it will redirected to Customize Your Store page, where you have to set your store Time Zone, Currency & Language.
- Now click on Next button, it will redirected to Create Admin Account page, where you have to mention & make your username, email & password details.
- Now click on Next button, it will redirected to Install page. Click on Install button to start installing magento.
- After Installation is completeed, following screen appears on the browser in which store link & admin link is given.